People often ask me why I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7, a phone from 2 and a half years ago, despite me being such a tech enthusiast and macOS Software Engineer.
It’s simple, really; it just comes down to my requirements in a phone. There certainly are contenders, and I’ve made a table below showing my reasonings, but the S7 still seems to be the best fit for me at this time.
|Requirements||Galaxy S7||Galaxy S8||Galaxy S9||Note 8||Note 9||iPhone 8||iPhone X||Pixel 2|
|Very Customizable OS||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||✅|
|4.8" - 6.4" Screen||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|6+ hour Battery||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||🤔||🤔||✅|
- ❌ = Does not meet requirement
- ✅ = Meets or exceeds requirement
- 🙌 = Surpasses requirement excellently
- 😞 = Available somehow, but not to my current carrier, T-Mobile.
- 🤔 = Reviews say Yes, but my usage might turn this into a No